PEACE JUSTICE AND STRONG INSTITUTION
The YAD-Pakistan’s response towards Goal: 16: Peace Justice and Strong Institution
The 2030 Agenda requires a greater involvement among governments, civil society, the private sector and international organizations to build more peaceful and inclusive just societies. Peace also brings new business opportunities by increasing stability, improving economic prospects and by building social and economic fabric in a community. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels. Peace, stability, human rights and effective governance based on the rule of law are important conduits for sustainable development. We are living in a world that is increasingly divided. Some regions enjoy sustained levels of peace, security and prosperity while others fall into seemingly endless cycles of conflict and violence. This is by no means inevitable and must be addressed. High levels of armed violence and insecurity have a destructive impact on a country’s development, affecting economic growth and often resulting in long standing grievances among communities that can last for generations. Sexual violence, crime, genocide, mass atrocities, radicalizations, extremism, terrorism, tribal militancy, insurgency, separatist movements, sectarian violence, intolerance behaviors, lack of interfaith harmony, lack of social harmony, biases attitudes, discriminative behaviors, lawlessness, exploitation and torture are also prevalent where there is conflict or no rule of law, and Pakistan country must take measures to protect those who are most at risk.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) aim to significantly reduce all forms of violence, and work with governments and communities to find lasting solutions to conflict and insecurity. Strengthening the rule of law, promoting human rights & tolerance is key to this process, as is reducing the flow of illicit arms and strengthening the participation of Pakistani communities in the institutions of national governance.
- Pathway towards women, peace and security to fights to mass atrocities end genocide and crimes against humanity through 4Ps philosophy that can work (Peace+ Promotion+ Prevention+ Protection) will mitigate and tackle mass atrocities, genocide, crime against humanity which are already happening to prevent these crimes from happening in the future, to promote, strengthen women, peace, security and leadership, preventing conflict and all forms of violence against women in conflict and post conflict situations, protecting and promoting the rights of women in conflict affected situations, ensuring women’s equal participation in the decision-making process through a framework of “4P’s” with involvement of target group, target beneficiaries and all stakeholders
- Promoting Tolerance of Diversity of Opinion in Pakistan through to counter pervasive inter-faith and inter-ethnic antagonism in social, educational and religious settings through innovative strategies that promote identity-specific tolerance messages grounded in: 1) key cultural values, 2) Islamic scripture, and 3) the Pakistani constitution, and to reinforce them in middle schools, madrassas, and community settings to promote tolerance of diverse opinions among youth and adults in Pakistan.
- Empowerment, development and self-sustainability of people living with disabilities through strengthening rights based voices of people living with disabilities activism, inclusion, mobilization, capacity building, sensitization & action based network of disabilities peoples for promotion of accessibility, disabilities’ people’s rights, promotion basic rights of people living with disabilities, to vibrant and flourish the role of disabilities peoples to bring measurable & tangible improvements in their lives
- Transparency and social accountability in education sector in Baluchistan, research PETS survey, engagement, involvement, strengthening and capacity building of civil society’s organization and YTSAA to take initiatives for transparency and social accountability, initiating action project to increasing allocation of education sector fund, properly utilization and implementation of these funds, establishment of public private partnership for transparency and social accountability, enhancement elected representatives, legislature, policy makers responsiveness, transparency and social accountability
- Citizen participation in accountability, engagement, involvement, strengthening and capacity building of civil society’s organization to incorporate accountability in their strategic planning and play their dynamic role with rights and responsibilities, initiating accountability action project, making citizens charter of accountability demand, establishment of accountability lab and citizens accountability coalition to monitor and increase greater access to state services as well as to strengthen answerability & enforceability mechanism, enhancement state responsiveness, accountability and promotion inclusive & cohesive societies in Pakistan
- Building the capacities of partners & engaging stakeholders to advance local and sub national level to monitor and review of SDG 16 with evidence based research, evidence based advocacy and lobbying, evidence based citizen data generation, gender-responsive sustainable development policies (2030 agenda-under goal 16 targets (16.6, 16.7 & 16.10)), through participation in policy development and monitoring, mobilizing citizen’s support, demonstrating best practices and advocating for the SDG goal 16 targets (16.6, 16.7 & 16.10) according to Peoples Development Justice framework and Feminist Development Justice framework in Baluchistan