AFFORDABLE AND CLEAN ENERGY
TThe YAD-Pakistan’s response towards SDG: 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
YAD-Pakistan promotes the use of renewable, alternate and sustainable sources of energy, to promote construction techniques that are more energy efficient.
Pakistani society depends on reliable and affordable energy services to function smoothly and to develop equitably. A well-established energy system supports all sectors from medicine and education to agriculture, infrastructure, communications and high-technology. Intensive development patterns have historically relied on inexpensive and energy-dense fossil fuels, which also happen to be the primary source of greenhouse gas emissions contributing to climate change. New, clean technologies are available that can reorient development along a more sustainable trajectory.
Business can accelerate the transition to an affordable, reliable and sustainable energy system by investing in renewable energy resources, prioritizing energy efficient practices, and adopting clean energy technologies and infrastructure. Also, with investment in R&D, businesses can innovate and pioneer new technologies that change the status quo of the global energy system, becoming the center of climate change solutions.
- Ensuring access to affordable, reliable and modern energy for all has come one step closer due to recent progress in electrification, particularly in LDCs, and improvements in industrial energy efficiency in Pakistan
- To strengthened national priorities and policy ambitions to put the Pakistan on track to tackle the energy crisis properly utilizing the alternate ways and to meet the energy targets for 2030 in Pakistan
- Promoting the use of solar energy, wind power, hydro power in the food production for promoting food security and nutrition in Pakista
- To able farmers to produce at a lower cost and reduce their CO2 emissions in Pakistan
- Promotes resource efficient and cleaner production methodologies to assist industry in lowering costs through reduced energy, water and materials usage, and waste management in Pakistan
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for jobs, security, climate change, food production, increasing incomes, access to energy for all to use sustainable energy is an opportunity for transforms lives, economies and the planet.
- Energy efficiency and increase use of renewables contribute to climate change mitigation and disaster risk reduction in Pakistan
- Maintaining and protecting ecosystems allow using and further developing hydropower, solar power, wind power, alternate power sources of electricity and bioenergy in Pakistan
- Ensure that all employees and their families have access to a reliable and affordable source of energy by investing in local infrastructure to establish accessible energy services in Pakistan
- Commit to sourcing 100% of operational electricity needs from renewable sources.
- Reduce the internal demand for transport by prioritizing telecommunications and incentivize less energy intensive modes such as train travel over auto and air travel.
- Invest in R&D related to sustainable energy services, bringing new technologies to the market quickly in Pakistan
- Integrate renewable energy into employee benefits packages, subsidizing the capital expenditures associated with residential solar or electric vehicle investments in Pakistan
- As women typically drive much of the energy consumption at the household level, companies have an opportunity to invest and train women to become renewable energy entrepreneurs in Pakistan
- Prioritize energy efficiency across operations through tools such as the use of an internal carbon price and science-based target setting to reduce overall demand for energy.