Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Youth Association for Development (YAD)
YAD-Pakistan is committed:
- Sustainable development is the pathway to the future we want for all. It offers a framework to generate economic growth, achieve social justice, exercise environmental stewardship and strengthen governance
- Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance
- Sustainable development requires human ingenuity. People are the most important resource
- Climate change is destroying our path to sustainability. Ours is a world of looming challenges and increasingly limited resources. Sustainable development offers the best chance to adjust our course
- Climate change knows no borders. It will not stop before the Pacific islands and the whole of the international community here has to shoulder a responsibility to bring about a sustainable development
- There is an urgent need to communicate with the public and help to explain where there is consensus, and where are there doubts about the issues of sustainable development
- Sustainable development is a fundamental break that’s going to reshuffle the entire deck.
- There are companies today that are going to dominate in the future simply because they understand that.
- Safe and nutritionally adequate diet is a basic individual right and an essential condition for sustainable development,
- We need economic growth, yes, but growth can be jobless, so a sustainable development framework for employment must include a job creation strategy
- We are convinced that universal health coverage, with strong primary care and essential financial protection, is the key to achieving the ambitious health targets of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and to avoiding impoverishment from exorbitant out-of-pocket health expenses
- Including women in climate policy and solutions can enhance the results, leading to more economic growth and sustainable outcomes. However, we cannot take for granted that gender equality and women’s empowerment in the field of climate change and sustainable development will happen automatically.
- Global sustainability is now the only avenue to future inclusive progress that can deliver the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris climate agreement
- Simply put, girls and women are the keys that will unlock sustainable development. They are also at the center of the healthier and more resilient societies we desire
If you always have consciousness of gender equality at the heart of your policies, then you will have much more democratic, much more sustainable development
- Investing in women’s lives is an investment in sustainable development, in human rights, in future generations and consequently in our own long-term national interests